Friday, April 28, 2006

What Happened To "Fun"?

I recall typing up a post awhile back whereupon I expounded on my feelings about the current state of media entertainment, or something of that nature, and I have since come to the conclusion of the fact that the media doesn't give two craps about one thing that they should give two craps about, which is making what they produce FUN. Not just fun for kids, such as making cartoons, but making everything else fun too, because the truth is that adults like to have fun too. There's nothing like poppin' in a Jim Carrey movie and laughing my ass off at the sheer fact that he's a goofy motha....shut yo mouth.....that just makes my whole day that much better. Or watching the classic cartoons created by Tex Avery that just makes me laugh out loud for the simple fact that they're FUNNY, and I don't feel all dirty after watching them.
The sad thing is, I can't say the same thing for most movies, cartoons, etc. nowadays. The real truth is that most cartoons nowadays are full of all kinds of witchcraft, magic, what have you, that I wouldn't EVER let my kids watch them, and I sure as HELL wouldn't want to watch them. What I want to know is, WTF is up with Warner Bros. changing the whole cast of Looney Tunes characters around and making them look all anime'? That, to me, is a clear indication that things are WAAAAY off base from what they should be, and not just 'cause I'm from the old skool, which I am, but because it's just WRONG. I grew up watching Looney Tunes cartoons, Tex Avery cartoons, Tom and Jerry cartoons, G.I. Joe, the ORIGINAL Transformers, Voltron and the ORIGINAL Robotech cartoon series, as I'm sure alot of people my age did as well, so I really don't understand how the hell these idiots running media entertainment could possibly think that they could slip their "new and improved" crap past us old skoolers without us having a problem with it.
Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned in that sense, but OH FREAKIN' WELL! I'm not about to ditch the stuff I grew up watching just because there's some "new and improved" version of it, when there was NOTHING wrong with how it was to begin with. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for creative people such as myself using computer technology to create the ideas that come into our minds, BUT why the hell would the idiots responsible for changing all these cartoons around want to even mess with the classics, expecting people to not have a problem with it? Haven't they heard the old addage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home